Bombardier Technician, Aviation Maintenance Flight Test in Wichita, Kansas
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
In your role, you will
Adhere to General Work Requirements
• Assist in working with production to build or assemble first aircraft and experimental/production equipment
• Perform final assembly, install, and modify first aircraft components, systems, and sub-assemblies, for example, landing gear, engines, flight control surfaces, experimental equipment, and tire build-up
• Perform minor fabrication and modification of production aircraft parts in accordance with developmental and/or engineering specifications
• Fabricate and modify production or experimental aircraft parts in accordance with developmental and/or experimental engineering specifications
• Perform maintenance on experimental aircraft in accordance with applicable technical data
• Perform inspection, adjust, repair, and/or replace components to correct any malfunction or deficiency with and without power applied to aircraft
• Prepare equipment and aircraft article for functional testing
• Assist engineering and vendors with troubleshooting functional tests results and repair, modify, replace, and/or route back to vendor depending upon component
• Assist engineering with revising functional test procedures as required
• Set-up fixtures to perform static tests, fatigue tests, pressure tests, bird strikes, and assemble aircraft sections
• Prepare aircraft components and systems and perform nondestructive/destructive testing, for example, cycle tests and ultimate load test
• Assist with aircraft set-up in accordance with various flight test configurations to assess in-flight handling characteristics of experimental aircraft
• Perform minor troubleshooting and/or minor repair of aircraft components and systems
• May perform aircraft testing at offsite locations in support of other divisions and customers
• Inspect, maintain, and/or repair ground support equipment as required
• Perform basic aircraft handling activities, for example, towing, jacking, and assist with fueling in accordance with Flight Test Directives and OIM
• Assist other employees in the performance of their duties within area(s) of qualification Actively participate in process improvement initiatives as directed or assigned
• Maintain company tools, equipment and work areas to department and company standards
As our ideal candidate
• You typically have 1 year of aircraft mechanical system experience and aircraft sheet metal experience or special skill as required by department
• You have basic knowledge of safety and operating procedures for power-on aircraft systems
• You have an A&P License (preferred) .
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
Job Technician, Aviation Maintenance Flight Test
Primary Location Wichita, ADMN / MFG, Learjet
Organization Learjet Inc
Employee Status Regular