Bombardier Supv, Exterior Paint in Wichita, Kansas
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
In your role, you will
Adhere to Bombardier General Work Requirements
Perform supervisory responsibilities for assigned employees and area(s), for example, PMP, opportunities for professional development and growth, and personnel decisions concerning hire, fire, disciplinary issues and salary adjustment
Coordinates schedules with all Completion Center departments as required i.e., Engineering, Planning, Purchasing, QA, etc.
Plans, and assigns work for Leads and assigned crew members based on man-hour targets, schedules, parts availability, engineering, headcount, etc and ensures targets and schedules are met
Determine needs and obtain required tooling and equipment for paint shops
Informs upper management of schedules, parts and aircraft status on a daily basis
Maintains department within budgeted guidelines.
Implements and maintains high level training schedule
Ensures that applicable technical data is used and the quality standards are met or exceeded
Ensure all interior and exterior paint work performed on aircraft and fixtures meet FAA regulations and quality of work meets customer expectations\
Supports and communicates Corporate and Company mission and objectives to all employees and keeps them informed of policies, achievements and results
As our ideal candidate
• You have high School diploma or equivalent
• You typically have 4 years of experience in aircraft painting
• You typically have 2 years of progressively responsible experience as a supervisor or lead
• You have working knowledge of all types of aircraft finish products and their attributes
• You have knowledge of environmental Problem solving of paint characteristics to temperature/humidity changes
• You have proven history of problem solving various paint defects – cause/effect
• You have working knowledge of group support equipment (GSE) operations and maintenance related to paint processes
• You have working knowledge of FAA and Federal Aviation Regulations pertaining to aircraft paint services
• You have working knowledge of aircraft paint programs for business jet aircraft
• You have computer skills necessary to learn and operate word processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail and web-based applications
• You have planning and organizational skills necessary to prioritize, assign, and coordinate workload of assigned area, employees and contractors within a multiple project setting
• You have interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of employees and contractors
• You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
• You have presentation skills necessary to effectively communicate, update, persuade and/or facilitate discussions with management and departmental representatives
• You have the ability to read and interpret drawings and diagrams for paint and interiors
• You have experience working on Bombardier product line (preferred)
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
Job Supv, Exterior Paint
Primary Location Wichita Service/Compltn.Center
Organization Learjet Inc
Employee Status Regular